Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Illinois Reshoring Initiative
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 from 7:45 AM to 11:00 AM (CDT)
Note: All registrants will receive a FREE copy of the proprietary Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Calculator Software, a $499.00 value!
ILLINOIS RESHORING INITIATIVE
"Bringing Manufacturing Back Home"
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
7:45AM - 11:30AM
Wojcik Conference Center
1200 W. Algonquin Rd.
Harper College, Illinois
Dy.Asst. Secretary for Manufacturing
U.S. Dept. of Commerce
Founder, National Reshoring Initiative
Retired Chairman Emeritus
The Illinois Reshoring Initiative applies the principles of Reshoring to bring jobs back to Illinois. The program has 5 steps:
1. “Rethinking the Total Cost of Offshoring” conference March 16, 2011 at the Wojick Center, Harper College, Palatine, IL.: Purpose: gain the commitment of large Illinois manufacturers.
2. Supply Chain Managers Program – May. Purpose: train supply chain managers re Total Cost of Ownership and survey them re desired changes in IL supplier performance
3. Illinois Suppliers Seminar – July. Purpose: Respond to supply chain survey, help become more competitive
4. NTMA/ PMA Contract Manufacturing Purchasing Fair – Sept. 7, 8 at O’Hare Intercontinental Hotel. Purpose: provide an opportunity for Illinois customers to meet and use Illinois suppliers
5. Measure $ Value of reshored work, # jobs retained or created – Sept. – Dec.
7:45 – 8:15am Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:15 Opening Remarks – Rand Haas, President, Medusa Consulting Group, Inc.
8:20 Welcome by Harper College – Maria Coons, Senior Executive to the President and Executive Director of Economic and Workforce Development, Harper College
8:30 Why Reshoring is a Sound Business Strategy – Peter Perez, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Manufacturing, U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
8:45 Introduction to the Illinois Reshoring Initiative – Harry Moser, Founder, Reshoring Initiative
10:00 Reshoring Panel Discussion – Moderator, Bruce Braker, Director,
Chicago Manufacturing Renaissance Council
- Mike Johnston, Director of Business Development, Illinois Manufacturing
- Allan R. Thom, Executive Vice President, MacNeil Automotive Products Limited, Bolingbrook,
- Jim Wrenn, President, Hudson Precision Products, Broadview
- Warren Young, President, Acme Industries, Elk Grove Village
11:15 Closing Remarks
When & Where
Medusa Consulting Group
At Medusa Consulting Group, we have harnessed a wealth of talent with proven expertise. We know people who have already done what you are doing. And know what works and what doesn’t. Make us your partner in your quest for success.